A family-focused guidebook to Italy for traveling with children ages 4 to 12.
This guide offers you the best things to see and do on a family vacation throughout Italy, including Rome, Venice, and Florence. Each spread bursts with family-focused travel tips and ideas for activities that will engage children, from pony-trekking in Gran Sasso National Park in Abruzzo to spending the night next to the shark tank at the Aquarium of Genoa in Liguria to visiting the Colosseum in Rome.
* Each major sight is treated as a "hub" destination, around which to plan a day. Plus, DK's custom illustrations and reconstructions of city sights give real cultural insight.
* "Let off steam" suggestions and eating options around each attraction enable the entire family to recharge.
* Maps outline the nearest parks, playgrounds, and public restrooms.
* "Take shelter" sections suggest indoor activities for rainy days.
* Language section lists essential words and phrases.
* Dedicated "Kids' Corner" features include cartoons, quizzes, puzzles, games, and riddles to inform and entertain young travelers.
* Listings provide family-friendly hotels and dining options.
Written by travel experts and parents who understand the need to keep children entertained while enjoying family time together, DK Eyewitness Family Guides offer child-friendly sleeping and eating options, detailed maps of main sightseeing areas, travel information, budget guidance, age-range suitability, and activities for every age.