I think I may have mentioned before the fact that I am not a big game player. I hate board games, I rarely play cards, and I’m not a fan of any of the games on Facebook. Right or wrong, it just irritates me when people send requests for Farmville. Likewise, I don’t enjoy chain letters, or posts on Facebook that request I repost something if I feel the same as whatever it is that has been written. Sure, I’m against animal abuse and racism. Of course I love my child or want world peace, but don’t tell me what to do! It makes me crazy.
This brings me to another pet peeve that I have mentioned before, but it’s come up again; Awards and games within the blogging community. I feel horribly guilty about this one because I don’t want to be offensive. I trust these things are offered in good faith. I realize we are all trying to build our audiences, and I truly appreciate any mention that brings new readers to this site. It’s just that they always come with requests for you to pass it along and it’s never to just a few.
The latest is from http://cbwentworth.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/11-questions-tag-youre-it/ and brings with it a request that I link back to her (which I’m happy to do), but then I have to answer eleven questions, after which I have to send eleven questions to eleven other bloggers. Dare I be honest? That is a lot of time and effort.
I have looked at her eleven questions, and to more than half of them, my answer is a slow “I don’t know”. I also wonder, do eleven other people have the time or desire to answer my eleven questions, because to be truthful, I won’t have time to read all of their answers. So here is what I have decided to do. Because this is a game of tag, I am going to list the questions below, and we’ll all take one. You can leave your answer in the comments, and if you want to add a link to your blog, go right ahead.
1) What book have you always wanted to read, but still haven’t gotten around to it?
2) What classic book do you feel is overrated? Why?
3) What is your favorite movie adaptation of a book? Least favorite?
4) Where is your favorite place to write?
5) Pen or pencil?
6) What was your favorite toy as a child?
7) What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
8) If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one ability or quality, what would it be?
9) What are five songs you hate to admit you love?
10) Where is your dream destination, (or place you’ve always wanted to go)?
11) What are the top five things on your bucket list?
I’ll take #6- my favorite toy as a kid was my Thumbelina doll. She had a knob on her back that you could wind to make her move and cry like a real baby, or at least a real baby facsimile.